🍉 [MELN] Weekly EXODE Wrap-Up #22
@proto26's first post has been published as part of the @oneup-cartel, find it here: https://peakd.com/hive-102223/@oneup-cartel/exode-a-collectible-space-colonization-strategy-game
It is an in-depth guide to anything and everything EXODE related, and he did a very good job with it.
- The new Tom Settler contract card has been released, which you can see above. I think this will be very good due to the fact it is Autonomous and does not require energy to run. It can hold up to 2 people if upgraded, and seems like it may be worth it in a deck that has a small amount of crew/passengers like a Kormen Cargo Ship.
- One of the new artists started this week, and has created some concept art that was posted in the devlog. I think I'll wait to show it until it becomes an actual card, though. It will end up becoming a new Nomad faction card.
- @elindos explained how the wildlife will function in EXODE. They can have 111-749 unique attributes, which is pretty amazing that there are so many options. Some examples of this are that they can contain 2-11 "Biofragments" which have 8 properties and can contain 1-6 chemicals which have 9 properties. Can't speak on what the attributes will do at this moment, but it sounds like a very complicated but very interesting system, and if you would like to read the full explanation you can find it HERE.
- The Investigation Mission feature is confirmed to be released tomorrow at 6 PM UTC, which is awesome! Many people have been waiting for this. Also, if you missed entry into the Away Teams Challenge, there will be more people allowed in during February.
- A thorough roadmap has been released in the Discord server. Far too much to summarize here, it breaks down every month for 2022. Find it HERE.
This week, you have a chance of winning:
1x Camouflaged Sniper
In a combat-based build, I bet the Camouflaged Sniper will become an invaluable part of it. Especially for guarding your colony or going on Away Teams. The fact that he has built-in stealth could also fit well into a Rebel build. However, his downside is that he has locked actions. He was made to snipe, and not much else. We will have to wait and see how much that really effects gameplay. I will definitely bring a sniper in one of my builds just to test him out.
This card is worth $3.57 at time of writing.
Congratulations @sckoarn, you have been sent your prize.
➡️How To Enter:
- Upvote this post
- Reblog this post
- Comment what you think of the Beauty Capsule card.
The winner will be chosen by random on Monday, February 7th.
As usual, I will be tipping comments with #hivepizza!
EXODE is a real-time strategy space colonization game here on the Hive Blockchain. If you still have not bought your starter pack and signed up, use this Referral Code(c956af8) and you'll also receive 2 free Alpha Booster Packs with 5 NFT cards each and a free Epic Alpha Character. For more information and links, check out the developer's page, @elindos.
There are a lot of stats that i don't understant in that card xD
Fair enough. Once Colonization is released I am certain things will be more cleared up.
The art work on this new card is really good. Has the same smooth look as many of the other graphics. The fact that it does not consume energy makes it an attractive addition to cargo. I can not comment how effective it will be in hostile environments, like ones where you are being attacked by something. I would also say it would be best for a smaller crew unless you took like four upgraded ones. Everyone should get some Beauty sleep when possible.
Just looking at it, before knowing anything about how it works, it looks fragile ...
I can hardly wait to get one or more and run them on some planets, time will tell all.
I love the art as well. I will be giving one away next week! I'm sure the benefits will be cleared up once Colonization is released.
Congratulations @birdbeaksd! You have completed the following achievement on the Hive blockchain and have been rewarded with new badge(s):
Your next target is to reach 40 posts.
You can view your badges on your board and compare yourself to others in the Ranking
If you no longer want to receive notifications, reply to this comment with the word
To support your work, I also upvoted your post!
Check out the last post from @hivebuzz:
Support the HiveBuzz project. Vote for our proposal!
I can't tell you about the gameplay effects of the card. But what I can say is that at first glance.. it reminds me of those bubble vehicle transports in the new Jurassic Park movies :D
upvoted and reblogged 😜
Haha, I hadn't thought of that. Cool comparison. If we get art of wildlife, I wonder if any will look like dinosaurs.
I really like the "Autonomous." attribute, I suppose that makes the card one of the better choices available. The artwork is good, quality, but it is not like me crying "I love it" all over. ;)
Definitely, the Autonomous keyword is super useful, especially on vehicles. I think the Friendly Eyes XY-6 is super underrated for that exact reason.
i dont really put effort on my team's happiness haha. thisll be a truly great addition as it grants happiness. and, nice art! it looks like it was rendered on unreal engine. gets me hyped more!
I don't think there are that many cards that buff happiness, except for promo cards. Those are extremely rare!
Like you mentioned, this card would play perfectly with a small crew. Being autonomous and not using energy I think makes this very useful, especially in poor atmospheric conditions.
I agree, can't wait to test it out during Colonization.
@birdbeaksd I just sent you a tip for this post in the form of a Camouflaged Sniper card. Look for a transaction from @digital.bank to see it.
Cheers and Hive on!
Edit: The transaction completed and can be seen here: https://hiveblocks.com/tx/e78750140899716b5f0c5efe42c72a5caa8b14c3
Thank you very much! Didn't expect to get a surprise sponsor for the giveaway.
If you are interested in officially sponsoring (or adding on a prize) in a week's giveaway, let me know!
You are quite welcome! 🤠
I will keep that in mind. Mainly I am trying to start tipping people who make eXode related content with eXode cards.
That's a great initiative! Keep it up.
PIZZA Holders sent $PIZZA tips in this post's comments:
@birdbeaksd(7/20) tipped @jacobpeacock (x2)
birdbeaksd tipped jdike (x1)
birdbeaksd tipped shieldwall (x1)
birdbeaksd tipped amaillo (x1)
birdbeaksd tipped sckoarn (x1)
birdbeaksd tipped blitzzzz (x1)
Join us in Discord!
Despite of all stats i really like the art style. This one is really great!