Only 50% Of Tokens Participating In The Airdrop
An interesting stat starting to unfold on the COTI Treasury and one I thought might happen. As you can see there is currently 530 million COTI staked in the treasury and only 50% is locked up to receive the GCOTI airdrop. The other half looks like it is remaining in the higher level APR staking pools which makes sense.
The way the GCOTI airdrop was formatted was to encourage those in the higher earning reward pools to move out and stake in the basic Level 1 no risk pool at a much lower APR. Those that didn't I would presume are in level 2 and Level 4 and possibly even Level 8 if they have developed bots to control this. If I had a bot I would remain in a much higher level pool as at the end of the day you want to be making far more.
The good news is my airdrop should be higher than expected as just by doing a rough a rough calculation for every 5 COTI staked you will receive 1 GCOTI. I do think the majority will go for the 180 day stake and not the full 360 which is also good news as I would receive 4 x what they are then. The hope is now I will receive at least half my stake in GCOTI and why I need to keep stacking whilst the airdrop window is open for the next 13 days.
I suppose your actions show how seriously you take the project and how long term you are thinking. having your stake locked up for 1 year is nothing especially if you are looking for passive income as the stake never comes out and only the rewards do. My current deposit has already been in since April last year and now I am being offered a better APR for doing what I was already doing.
The one thing I have noticed is that Crypto people in general don't know the meaning of hold or long term as they tend to think in months and not years. Patience is the key to unlocking the wealth and anything worthwhile takes time to materialise.
I do think if you can grow your stake to a decent number like 100K plus on decent projects then you have a chance of making something later on. All my projects have a 100K minimum target set as I see that as the starting number or minimum requirement. This is just how my head thinks as if you take Hive in the same thought process a 100K Hive at the ATH would require a $340K investment or even at $1 a $100K investment. This sets you apart from the other as who has that type of money lying around? COTI will achieve $1 easily over the coming years and expect so much more so 100K has to be the minimum number staked.
Passive income streams can be achieved as long as you give yourself a chance so why wouldn't you go for the maximum airdrop which boosts your APR for the long term? GCOTI is a booster adding to the current APR and why I see these tokens as being valuable besides just another token. Imagine having a GHIVE token that could boost the APR on offer and how popular they would be as this is what GCOTI does.
What many fail to realise is COTI has a maximum supply of 2 billion COTI. The last release date for coins is February 4th 2032. In August this year there will be 61.4% of all COTI in circulation leaving 38.6 % over the next 90 months. Knowing that there is an end coming surely you would stay active accumulating as many as possible. I am sure many haven't even checked this or even know about this as this is very important for the long game.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta