Saturday Savers Club with @susie-saver | Week 37 - Saturday 11 September 2021 | Week 5 - Autumn Challenge - Save $100! | SPI Giveaway for September NO-BUY month | Win EDS Tokens for Comments! Everyone Welcome
Welcome to Saturday Savers Club with Susie-Saver!
SPI Giveaway for September NO-BUY Month.
Every week during our September NO-BUY month we are going to have an SPI giveaway!
This week, what are your top tips for low-cost or no-cost leisure activities for NO-BUY month? When the children were small we used to let them on the computer to find something we could do as a family that wouldn't cost anything. They were very creative and came up with an event or activity every week that was easy to get to, everyone would enjoy and cost us nothing to take part in!
What ideas do you have? Let us know in the comments for a chance to win SPI!
Autumn Challenge - Week 5 - Save $100!
|Week No||Amount||Cumulative||Week No||Amount||Cumulative|
If you check over on @susie-saver's wallet, this week's 2.73p bought 3.73 HIVE which has been added to the savings wallet.
New - Wednesday Wellbeing Club
This is a challenge for anyone who wants to make a lifestyle change (eat well, move more, sleep better) hosted by @shanibeer over in the Natural Medicine community. Anyone is welcome to join 😍.
Now then - this week's winners!
Every week, you have the chance to win EDS tokens for commenting. Last week we had comments from @ericburgoyne @bearmol @justclickindiva @jfang003, @phoenixwren, @missaj, @metzli, @bashadow, @riandeuk, @hetty-rowan, @blezyn, @preparedwombat and @chrisparis .
Thank you for taking part in Saturday Savers Club, everyone!
What's been happening in your world this week? anything exciting or fun? Tell us in the comments - you could win some EDS tokens 😁.
More about EDS tokens
EDS tokens are a low-risk income token, ideal for people who want to save. There were only 20,000 originally and they were all sold at 1 Hive each, with guaranteed earnings of 12% each year. You can now acquire EDS tokens through the EDS Miner token.
Earnings come from powering up and leasing out the Hive that came from selling the tokens, plus earnings from posts and comments each week. EDS pays out every Monday evening. Last week the pay out was equivalent to 23%.
623 EDS Miner tokens left.
Back to business ...
We're going to be here every Saturday through the year growing a little savings honey pot, if you have plans for saving or getting to a different place this time next year - maybe $5 Hive by the end of the year 🤑?
Whatever it is, stick with Susie Saver through the year and we'll get there. Along the way, we'll share lots of tips and tricks for saving and how to get the knack of making your money work for you and not the other way round.
Let's Get Started
Image by Andy M. from Pixabay Hey Chicken, nearly time for pot pie! 😁
We're using the 365 Penny A Day Challenge framework for the Saturday Savers Club. We're aiming to save £667 worth of pennies by the end of the year.
Penny a Day Tracker Sheet
Right click on the image, save it to your computer and then print it out.
Okay, let's check in ...
1. Check Progress
Each week, we're going to check in through this post and see where we are up to. Our target for today, 11 September, was 17.57p. Next week, we'll be saving 18.06p and by Saturday we'll have saved 340.68p (that's 34,068p just compounding a penny a day)! 😁.
Each week, I'll be buying Hive for @susie-saver's account with the pennies we've saved.
Here's this week's results - 17.57p buys 24 Hive.
894 Hive saved in 36 weeks (774 Hive powered up, the remainder invested in EDS and EDSM)! Plus we're earning 3.22% inflation on powered up Hive, 20% on EDSM, 23% on EDS tokens and a little on curating and posting!
@susie-saver has powered this week's savings; she's also been voting following a curation trail. She's reached her first milestones of 530HP and Minnow status. Her next goal is 1,000HP. She's already at 781HP - what's your prediction for when she will reach 1,000HP? Tell us in the comments!
How much did you save this week? Did you meet your target? Or did you save even more?
Being accountable to another person or a group is a great way to motivate yourself to save (or anything you want to achieve). Of course, you need the right kind of people around you - ones that think what you're trying to do is worth doing ... or at least fun 😁.
Sign up here with us to start your savings journey:
- just leave a comment below if you want to join the challenge.
- follow @eddie-earner so you never miss a post (Eddie has lots of ideas about how to make money - he's the earner, I'm the saver - you'll like his posts).
- share this post if you think your followers might be interested.
2. The Golden Pig Tip
Image by 3D Animation Production Company from Pixabay
Every week, we're going to share a Golden Pig Tip for saving. By the time you've tried them all you'll have £670 saved.
This Week's Golden Pig Tip
This week's Golden Pig Tip for September NO-BUY month:
If you want to avoid buying anything, remove temptation!
- Unsubscribe from all those emails from your favourite stores, clubs and causes that want you to BUY things from them. Don't even look - don't even have those emails in your inbox. If you want to go hard core, remove cookies from your computer. That will cut down customised ads popping up (yarn, in my case) when you're reading the news or checking your mail. Those flyers for takeaways, clothing catalogues and spend-£80-on-Waitrose-groceries-and-get-£10-off? Put them straight into re-cycling.
- Stay out of shops, shopping centres, designer outlets, cafes (unless it's for your pre-agreed, included in your allowable expenses, outing to meet friends) and museum and art gallery shops (my downfall). Don't go there, don't look, don't buy!
- I get most of my food delivered mainly from small, local businesses and a single top-up delivery each month from a mainstream supermarket. In each case, I check the minimum purchase required for free delivery and limit my order to that. I'll stack the basket first and then cull anything that isn't a priority until I am down to the threshold. For example, the local wholefood co-op has a minimum order of £30 for free delivery. As ASDA (Walmart) now charges for picking and delivery, the wholefood co-op has become competitive in addition to being environmentally friendly and workers having control of their work.
September NO-BUY Challenge
How's your month going? Have you worked out your list of buys and no-buys? Anything that hasn't worked 😁? Learned any useful tips for saving money? Let us know in the comments 🙂.
And today is always a good day to start saving - you can start on Day 1 or make up the first thirty-seven weeks (or join the Autumn Challenge) to catch up with @susie-saver.
That's it for this week. Hope you've enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you next Saturday with progress so far and our next Golden Pig tip.
EDS, @eddie-earner's income token, is part of the SPinvest family including SPI (@spinvest), LBI (@lbi-token) and the @spinvest-leo account - a cool club in the making. SPInvest Family Motto: Get Rich Slowly.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta