Homecooked Fried Rice
My second girl, Ryenne loves eating fried rice... Here's a simple fried rice recipe I cooked today...
I steamed the rice last night and let it cool. Fried rice will be tastier and yummier with rice that is cold and dried. Why? Coz the rice grains will firm up which makes it easier to be separated. And this will decrease the chances of the fried rice to become mushy.
- Dice the onion and luncheon meat.
- Chop the garlic.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into thin strips.
- Pan fry the luncheon meat. Put aside once the luncheon meat is slightly browned.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Add in the rice. Stir fry to separate the rice.
- Keep stirring and add in the corn, luncheon meat and scrambled egg.
- Season the fried rice with light soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Keep stirring to make sure the rice is evenly seasoned.
- Then our fried rice is ready to be served. Top it with the iceberg lettuce.
I don't cook my iceberg lettuce. I cut them into thin strips. But if you are eating your fried rice right away, and you don't like eating raw vegetable, then you can toss in the iceberg lettuce and stir fry together with the fried rice. Just a few minutes will do.
Bon appetit 😋
If you are not familiar with these two themes, BeautifulSunday is initiated by @ace108 and you can check out other BeautifulSunday post HERE. Whereas SublimeSunday is initiated by @c0ff33a. Find more Sublime Sunday posts HERE.
I'm adding a Malay word in every post. Life long learning... Learning a new language is fun...
Word of the day
NASI GORENG - Fried Rice
Design vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com
If you are looking for a hardware wallet to keep your crypto, check this out.
If you need a trading account, here's my links.
Let's talk about Binance:
Read about it here
Ionomy, HitBTC, and Bittrex have always credited my account when there was a mistake in the memo after communicating with support.
I heard its better with the rice left overnight because it will be drier.
Yup, it's true. If use freshly steam rice, it wil be a bit too sticky and wet. So will need to steam earlier and let it cool under the fan.
I know many years ago one shop on TV show showed the rice is cooked the night before and they put it in the fridge overnight.
Put in fridge overnight, the fried rice will be great. Each rice grain can be separated nicely.