WS Fireside Chat #1 minutes
Wax Street (WS) is a community discussing everything more or less related to NFT. It started on the Wax blockchain and has expanded on ETH, BSC, Polygon and more over time.
The community hosted its first Twitter Space yesterday. The recording is available here for a month or so.
If you're too busy to listen a discussion about NFT during 1h30+, here's a recap of what you missed.
Among other things
- Wen POAP? Definitely working on it, ask the Goiters.
- The P2E meta changed a lot in a year. the overall experience mostly decayed on Wax: most games are dying and onboarding new people is a chore and/or costly.
- Wax as a trial by fire: the ecosystem experienced an unprecedented amount of failures and/or rugpulls over a short period of time. Rplanet and Koloboks are hauting most P2E projects (wink wink Stepn).
- Solana is where money and growth are, the chain looks basically too funded to fail at that point.
- Veterans from Web2 are coming, at least for some people on the gaming industry and financial services providers.
- Wax started as a CS skin shop (OPSkins). When it comes to integrating NFT, Steam has a protected market and probably doesn't want to pivot and educate users on how to conduct transactions on a secondary market.
- Zynga back in the day was the second biggest customer of both AWS and PayPal.
Things to check
- Bitski wallet is working on a smoother, more user-friendly way to onboard people on crypto.
- Millions on Mars has 5k daily users (the game was fully launched late December). Special thanks to Mitch for his priceless insights yesterday.
- Market riders from @maxwoo is whitelisted on AtomicHub and soon to be released.
- Next Space scheduled for June, the 12th at 22:00 UTC. Join our Discord for more information.
As usual, this article is published with our "DAO" account: all Hive collected will stay on it, so feel free to react, share and comment!