Index4INDEX Card 211: Jessica Ennis-Hill 1
The only one who can tell you "you can't win" is you and you don’t have to listen.
-- Jessica Ennis-Hill
For more about Jessica Ennis-Hill, keep reading....
About the Quote
We are our own worst critics. It's one thing if others tell us we can't win; we don't have to listen to them, and often we prove the doubters wrong and win. It needs to be the same when the self is the critic making that statement.
If you believe you can win, you can win. If you believe you will lose, you will lose. We don't always win, but we have to enter any situation believing we can win.
Just like we don't need to listen to other people when they tell us we can't win, we don't need to listen to our own selves when we tell ourselves we can't win. We want to prove our critics wrong whenever we hear that we can't win. Those critics include the worse critic any of us can have: ourselves.
Some Information about Jessica Ennis
Jessica Ennis-Hill-- born Jessica Ennis; later awarded title Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill-- was born in Sheffield, England, UK on 1986-January-28.
Jessica Ennis-Hill is best known as a track and field athlete who won the Gold Medal in the Heptathlon at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London.
In 1996 at age 10 Jessica Ennis took part in her first trand and field competition. She would progress as an elite competitor in interational track and field:
- At 19 she earned her first major victory in international competition at the 2005 European Junior Championships.
- At 20 she won a bronze medal at the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- Also in 2006, she finished in 8th place at the European Championships.
- At 21 she finished in 4th place at the 2007 IAAF World Championships to earn a spot on the national Olympic team for the 2008 Beijing Summer Games; due to a stress fracture in her right foot, she was unable to participate.
2007 was also the year Ennis had earned her undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of Sheffield.
Until 2007, she made her high jumps by taking off on the right foot. After the stress fracture on her right foot, she switched her high jump takeoff to her left leg. This switch helped her win the Gold Medal at the 2009 World Championships.
- Index4INDEX image made by @magnacarta using MS Paint.
- Quotes I use for Index4INDEX are stored in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. Recently I added database functionality for limited searching.
Other Recent Quotes
- Index4INDEX Card 210: Bear Bryant 1
- Index4INDEX Card 209: Catherine the Great 1
- Index4INDEX Card 208: Drew Houston 1