Veteran Monsters with Close Range ability from Chaos Legion - My top 3 picks
What’s up Splinterlands Warriors!
I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the game at its best. The general sale of Splinterlands chaos Legion packs is going smoothly and the total number of chaos packs that got sold is over 6.83 million Till now! The milestone to unlock next airdrop card has already being completed by 83.17% and only 168K packs left to unlock the next character which I think maybe a summoner. The total number of chaos legion core set Is limited to 15 million packs and only 8.16 million Left in total to be sold out.
On the other hand, the Cryptocurrency Market after facing a huge dip is now again uprising with bitcoin waving around $36.46K And Ethereum at $2,427. Splinterlands token market were also affected by dip but now catching an uptrend again. DEC is currently being traded for 0.0035$ per unit while SPS at 0.142$ per unit.
It may be a good time to use this opportunity and buy some crypto coins into your portfolio but only God knows if prices will be going upward from here or dip More. Sadly my wallets are pretty dry right now because I spent a ton Recently to buy the max level whole chaos Legion set. But still, I was very eager to at least buy something In this dip market. So after collecting dust amounts From here and there, I finally made a little money and bought 19.7 cake for about 135$. I put all of that cake into the auto cake pool in pancakeswap.finance So that it can grow well over time. It’s giving approx 65% apy interest and the ATH price of cake is 44$. Now, Let’s see how this little investment turn out in long term.
I also bought and made my two reward cards to max level and they are - Venari Heatsmith and Venari wavesmith. I am also after those AirDrop cards because I haven’t bought Packs in the previous sales. Out of six cards that already got airdropped, I have bought three of them - Baakjira, Lira the Dark and Doctor Blight and looking for to buy another three Soon. Most of the Splinterlands Card prices are pretty cheap so you may consider buying the important ones that you are missing.
Now, Let us take a U-turn from here and come to our main theme of this post as I will be showcasing you my top three monsters of Chaos Legion with close range ability.
Close range is an awesome ability that turns a range monster acting like A melee monster. Monster with the close range ability can perform ranged attacks from the first position. So if you even place a range monster with close range ability at the first place it can still attack while the normal range monsters can’t. I often use monsters with close range ability at 3rd or 4th position in my line up when making a range friendly strategy. After my front defence gets beat down and they come forward at the first place they still continue attacking while giving my real monsters more time.
MOLTEN ASH GOLEM
The first monster that I will be showcasing here is Molten Ash Golem. These fierce golems are children of the forgotten one and this serves the high magus of Crypteia as servants. It is a rare type card that belongs to the fire unit, it costs six Mana to use in the battlefield and its attack type is Range. Let us now take a deep look at its overall stats Below.
- At level one, this monster possesses 1 range attack at 1 speed with 9 health along with the close range ability. Since its initial level, it gets the close range ability, so you can use this card as front defense even at lowest level.
- At level three, this card gets 2 range attack at 1 speed with 10 Health. Having 2 range attack, this card can be a great option in bronze level gameplays.
- At level five, this card gets 2 Range attack at 2 speed with 9 health and also acquire another ability weaken. monsters with weaken ability reduces the health of all enemy monsters by one.
- At max level, this monster possesses 3 range attack At 2 speed with 10 health and also acquire another ability demoralize. monsters with demoralize ability reduces the Melee attack of all enemy monsters.
At max level, this monster surely becomes a chaos dealer. It will reduce all enemy monster’s health by 1 and will also reduce enemy melee monster’s attack by 1. And all of these for only 6 mana. So without a doubt, this monster can bring you some easy wins.
This card is currently being sold in the splinterlands market for only $0.18 per BCX and will cost you 60.2 DEC per BCX. There are no max level card available right now in market.
The next card that I’ll be showcasing you all is the mighty monster from the water Realm - Wave Brood. This is an epic type card which costs eight Mana to use in the battlefield and its attack type is also range. This monster is very important and a must have card in your collection because of its combination of overall stats and abilities. Let us now take a deep dive and find out more about it below.
- At level one, this card possesses 1 range attack at 1 speed with 12 health along with two abilities - Taunt and Close Range. Because of the taunt ability, Every enemy monster will attack this monster ignoring their abilities and attack style. So if rightfully applied, you can save your low health monsters for a long time by taunting all enemy attacks upon this monster. The other ability close range enables this monster to attack from the first position as well, making it worthy open front defence card.
- At level three, this card possesses 2 range attack at 1 speed with 13 health along with those same abilities that I mentioned above. Having the increased range power Will help you damage and kill down enemies faster.
- At level four, this card gets 2 range attack at 1 speed with 13 health and it gets another ability at this level - void. Monsters with void ability will take reduced damage from Magic attacks so from this point this monster become more immune against magic attacks. thus it can be used as a defensive card against magic monsters.
- At max level, this card possesses 2 range attack at 1 speed with 14 health and also gets another ability - Return fire. Monsters with written fire will return reduced damage back to their attackers when hit with a ranged attack. However, its speed even in max level is only one. so it will attack at last every round. But in reverse speed rules it matches this monster will attack first so can be very useful there.
At max level, this card can be Beneficial against both magic and range monster due to its void and return fire ability. Upon that, the taunt ability will attract every enemy monster to attack upon this card, hence you can Damage enemy range cards with it’s return fire ability and also stay alive for longer against Magic monster with its void ability. Not to mention that it’s close range ability will make him eligible to attack from the first place as well so overall this card is demonic and overpowered to me.
Wave brood is being sold currently in the Splinterlands market for only $1.5 per BCX And will cost you 513 DEC per card to purchase them. However, they are awesome high-level cards but Costlier than single BCX cards.
The last monster I’ll be talking here is none other than ZYVAX VUUL! I really got impressed with this monster satanic looks. This is a legendary type card that belongs to the Dragon unit it costs eight Mana to use in the battlefield and its attack type is range as well. The combo of all its abilities Makes it unique than others. let us now take a look at its overall stats to find out more about this card below.
- At level one, this card possesses 2 range attack at 3 speed with 8 health along with to abilities flying and recharge. Because of having the flying ability, this monster will be a hard target for those enemy non flying monsters. On other hand, due to it’s recharge ability, It will only attack every other round but it will do 3X damage that round. So even in level one this card can perform great in big Mana ruleset matches in Bronze level matches.
- At level two, this card gets 2 range attack at 3 speed with 9 health and also gets another ability close range. so, from level two, This girl can attack even when it’s in the first place giving your rear cards more time before going down.
- At level three, this card gets 3 range attack at 3 speed with 9 health while having all the abilities That I mentioned above. Due to having three range attack this card is very powerful and gold tier matches.
- At max level, this card possesses 3 range attack at 3 speed with 9 health and also gets another ability deathblow. ☠️ Monster with deathblow ability does 2x damage if their target is the only monster lift on the enemy team so this monster can be very useful if the enemy is using one or two big monsters rather than small monsters. for example - Deathblow monsters can be very beneficial against llama combos where the enemy only uses one card against you (flesh golem, Cube or other cards) with the llama summoner.
So overall, this monster is a great choice at max level If you are choosing a dragon Summoner. It’s high health plus flying combo can evade attacks and stay alive for long time, with the recharge ability it will attack with Nine Range Power every other round, Can attack from the first position thanks to its close range ability and can deal 2X damage when there is only one enemy left on the enemy side. So in rare cases, you can even do 6X damage = 18 damage with its recharge + deathblow ability! If this isn’t an over powered card then Who the hell else is?
ZYVAX VULL Is currently being sold in the Splinterlands market for only $4.32 for BCX and it will cost you about 1478 DEC Per single BCX card to purchase. However a max level Vull Is available only four $48 if you are interested and it will cost you 16,420 DEC.
I hope all of you liked my top three picks with close range ability. Do you like to use this ability or prefer to choose other monsters over close range cards? Also among them top three which one is your best and why have you used any of those monsters in real battle Or tried to make new combos with them? Let me know your experiences if you already have them and using them in battles and I will be seen you in my next post.
Wish you all best of luck on your Splinterlands journey.
Thanks for visiting my post. Please Visit again :)
Stay well and keep playing Splinterlands.
Want to start playing splinterlands? Click here