Windings, Webdings, Wachaka, Wacko or Waddo
Fonts and their Feelings
We love a good font; well we can invest a lot of time deciding which font to use for our marketing pages. I have mentioned it before but will also mention it here, often what we think looks cool and groovy to us, actually doesn’t for our audience.
So, developing an understanding of Fonts and their usage is a definite bonus when trying to get a message across succinctly and impactfully.
What sort of fonts should we use? My suggestion is to look at what sort of message you are wanting to convey, what is the product you are putting forwards and how quickly do you want the information to be absorbed.
Some of the documented (Research by survey) emotive content is as such
- Serif Fonts are seen as being Practical, Mature and also Stable
- Sans serif Fonts are a bit on the Non side, they generally do not illicit an emotional response , however they have been given a tag as reliable
- Script fonts can often create a sense of humour, casual and also often a femininity, softness
- Modern fonts are seen as the opposite to Script, they can be coarse, assertive, aggressive
- Monospaced fonts have been called unimaginative, nothing spectacular, dull and boring.
With these in mind you can make a decision as to what sort of font you might want to use for your marketing purposes, bearing in mind that you want to get your message across clearly, succinctly and impactfully.
There is a whole plethora of information out there on this subject. I had two cohorts when I was doing my Post Grad studies that wrote their thesis on the subject. However the impact of Fonts has been studied and applied since Typeface began
A post note: remember that people have memory and for some people a certain type of font will conjure up a response, eg: Bills for instance come in a typeface that if seen again may just illicit a negative feeling in some.
Seriously you say?? Do people really pay that much attention to the font being used. The answer is No they don’t, consciously, but sub consciously they do, and it is the sub conscious that will work alongside the strongest of emotions, and it is the subconscious that drives impulse.
And on a really corny ending,
Two fonts walk into the bar, and the barman says, “Sorry lads, we don’t serve your type.” (Origin Unknown)
The HIVE Guide:
Do you want to have a FREE comprehensive Tool to navigate your way around HIVE
Click the Banner below and start your training today
- If you are really looking for a helping hand to developing your business, then there is no better choice than to follow the programs that others have used and continue to use Just Click The Banner below to find out how
- The first Mailer Program on the Blockchain - Not only do you earn by sending your email promotions but you also earn by reading others promotions
You know the drill, Click on the Banner to Join the Program
To find out more follow this post https://peakd.com/hive-119826/@ctptalk/the-relaunch-and-evolution-of-listnerds