5 CORE Values of Success In Life
Values determine the choices we make in life. Anytime we have to make a choice, we make them based on our values. Values help define who we are and what we stand for. Core values are values that are an integral part to succeed in life.
1. VisionIf you don't have a clear view of what you want from life, If you don't have a vision of who you want to be and what you want to achieve, then any current will take you wherever the masses are heading. Nobody wants to be generic, we all have our own uniqueness and are drawn to certain paths. Often times, we aren't really sure of ourselves, so we try to avoid digging in to find out. We'll rather live on autopilot because that's way easy for us than following our own path.
Being a visionary is necessary to attain success in life. It helps you focus on the important things and persevere in the event of obstacles. With a clear vision, nothing can stand in the way of achieving what you want.
2. Be AuthenticI want to be like him,
I want to be like her,
I want to be like them.
Hmm, that wouldn't get you anywhere, it hides who you really are. There's nothing absolutely wrong with faking it but most people are aware of it when you do it! Why can't you be yourself instead of trying to be somebody else? Everybody is already taken so you might as well be yourself.
Being authentic simply means being yourself, saying and doing what you want. Showing people who you are instead of who they want you to be. If you want to succeed in life, you have to be genuine. Emulate masters but do not copy them.
3. AdaptIt's not going to be easy, things will not always go your way. Life's not really a straight line, it's full of detours. Unexpected things will occur from time to time. Learning to adapt simply means flowing with the changes and not be hampered by them. Water is a great example of adaptability, it never stays the same. It's constantly changing from state to state. When you pour water on a container, it takes the shape of the container. When you pour it on a bottle, it takes the shape of the bottle.
Change is the only constant thing in life and adaptability is learning to flow with the change.
4. Measure ProgressHow do you know when you've reached a milestone? How do you know you're stuck in the same position? Are you moving forward or backwards? What you don't measure, you can't improve.
You have to be able to measure your progress so that you can know what needs improvement or if you need to apply some changes. Without measuring success, you can be going in circles without even realizing it!
Keep track of your progress and make a monthly review of it. This way you're strategic with your life and develop a systematic approach towards your task.
5. Perpetual LearnerWhat we know we don't know is way bigger than we actually don't know. You see, what we know is very little. Knowledge is like an ocean, you can never drink all the water! The more knowledge you have, the better you're at life.
Never stop learning, education doesn't finish with school. It's a life long adventure and there's a lot to cover.
Thanks For Reading!
Check out my recent and similar posts;
¤ Meditation In A Fast Paced World
¤ Plug The Leaks!
¤ The Art Of Resourcefulness