When it comes to the topic of work, business, or even your passion, we often hear statements such as these:
- Plan your work and work your plan.
- Focus on one goal at a time until it is achieved.
- To do things better, stop doing so much.
Being in a serious learning phase with everything on the blockchain, I definitely need to keep all of the above in mind.
And in one of his recent posts, I've been reminded of this by @jongolson too (thank you, Jon). "Just learn one thing at a time", he said. Otherwise, it is easy to get overwhelmed with all the information.
So, I decided to look into this a little deeper to get a better perspective on work and being more productive (without being overwhelmed).
On this little journey, I found the following quotes that I would love to share with you:
10 Quotes to Get a Better Perspective on Work
- Work is good as long as you don't forget to live ~ African Proverb
- For success in your work, you can bank on 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration - Anonymous
- Your ideas won't work if you don't ~ Anonymous
- The only place where you'll find success before work is in the dictionary ~ Anonymous
- Starting is the most important part of work ~ Anonymous
- Every time you eliminate one of your shortcomings by working hard, you also show the people you love that you really care about them ~ Arterburn and Dreizler
- If the work you do only bring you money and no joy, you are poor indeed ~ Phil Bosmans
- Inspiration comes to those who work and not just wait for it ~ Albert Camus
- If all of us do all the things we can, we will literally be in awe of ourselves ~ Thomas Edison
- Nothing is impossible if you break it up into small tasks ~ Henry Ford
Get The Job Done
Out of the many quotes that I have read so far, the ten quotes above stood out for me.
It brought me to the following conclusion:
- You can have the best idea in the world and you can have a fail-proof plan; but if you don't take action and do the work, nothing is going to happen. And to start doing the work, you need the desire to achieve the wanted result.
- Don't be overwhelmed by big projects or lots of information. Break it down into small tasks/goals which are realistic, achievable, and not so intimidating. Then nothing is impossible.
- Money shouldn't be your only motivation. Money is important, but you should also be growing as a person while you enjoy what you are doing. If you don't enjoy what you are doing, it will become difficult to stay motivated.
I hope you find some of these quotes as inspiring as I did. When you can enjoy what you are doing, it will never feel like work!