On Hive there are many communities and their number is constantly increasing.
Communities play an important role because they allow people who share the same interests to meet each other.
There are generalist communities that accept content of any type and on any topic and there are communities that are focused on a particular interest or topic.
Many communities have their own tag and their own second layer token that has a certain value and can be staked, delegated, bought and sold at https://hive-engine.com/ and https://leodex.io/.
A second layer token follows, with a few exceptions, the same rules of the main cryptocurrency which is HIVE.
Staking a second level token allows you to:
- receive a reward in tokens (almost always daily) that depends on the amount of tokens staked.
- receive a token reward when you vote for a post that has one or more tags linked to the specific token.
Typically the reward you receive is split 50% between author and curator but this is not always the case and there are exceptions.
The greater the amount of tokens you stake the greater the weight of your vote and the more tokens you will earn.
For Hive there is Voting Power (VP) which initially is 100% and each time you vote on a post it decreases and recharges after a certain amount of time.
The same operation happens for almost all of Hive's second level tokens that have their own voting power.
I follow a lot of authors writing different topics and very often I can't efficiently use my voting power relative to some second layer tokens that I stake.
A voting power that remains fixed at 100% is an unused and therefore wasted voting power.
I'll give an example to make it clearer what I mean:
If you have a certain amount of LEO (staked) tokens on Hive Engine and you vote 100% 10 posts that however do not have the leofinance tag, your Hive (VP) voting power will drop to 80% while your LEO token related voting power (Leo Power) will remain at 100%.
Your curation activity will earn you HIVE but will not earn you LEO tokens.
You're practically missing an opportunity to accumulate a valuable token like LEO.
Here's why it can be useful to create a curation account for curating posts with specific tags and that's my current choice.
Today I wanted to show how easy it is to create a Hive account (Curation Account) using Resource Credits.
The account creation operation can be performed from several sites and in this post I'll show you how to perform it from the Wallet section of PeakD (https://peakd.com/) and the Wallet section of Leofinance (https://leofinance.io/)
Below are the topics I will cover in this tutorial:
- How to create a Hive account from PeakD using Resource Credits.
- How to create a Hive account from Leofinance using Resource Credits.
- **How many Resource Credits do you need to create an alternative account?
- The usefulness of a curation account
How to create a Hive account from PeakD using Resource Credits
1. After logging into https://peakd.com/ you need to access the Wallet section as indicated by the arrow in the next image.
2. Follow the directions of the arrows in the following image:
- 2.1 Click on the down arrow symbol next to the "DELEGATE" button as indicated by arrow number 1
- 2.2 Click on the "Claim Account Creation Token" as indicated by arrow number 2
3. On the next screen click on CONFIRM
4. If you use Hive Keychain like me click on CONFIRM as indicated by the arrow in the next image
5. Now you need to follow the directions of the arrows in the following image:
- 5.1 Click on the down arrow symbol next to the "DELEGATE" button as indicated by arrow number 1
- 5.2 Click on the "Create Account with Token" button as indicated by arrow number 2.
If everything went well you will see in brackets the indication (1 left).
In my image it says 2 left because I have already made a claim for another token in the previous days and therefore I have two tickets available and I can create two accounts.
6. On the next screen you need to:
- 6.1 enter the name of the account you want to create as indicated by the arrow number 1
- 6.2 click on REVIEW as indicated by arrow number 2.
Keep in mind that the account name cannot exceed 16 characters.
I, for example, would have preferred to create an account with the name libertycrypto27.vibes but, in this way, I exceed the available characters and so to curate the posts with the tag musicforlife I chose the name @libertymusic27
7. If the name you have chosen is available you will see the following screen.
In this screen are all the private keys of your account.
Preserve and protect your passwords with the utmost care and make more than one copy, even on paper, because if you lose them you will have lost access to your account forever and consequently also your tokens!
- 7.1 Click on the square indicated by the arrow number 1.
- 7.2 Then click on CONTINUE as indicated by arrow number 2.
8. click on CONFIRM in the Hive Keychain window.
The operation has been completed!
Easy, isn't it?
How to create a Hive account from Leofinance using Resource Credits
You can also create an account from the Wallet section of Leofinance.
1. After logging into https://leofinance.io/ you have to access the Wallet section as indicated by the arrow in the next image.
2. Follow the directions of the arrows in the following image:
- 2.1 Enter the HIVE section of the Leofinance wallet as indicated by arrow number 1.
- 2.2 Click on the yellow button indicated by the arrow number 2
- 2.3 Click on Confirm in the next screen (indicated by arrow number 3)
3. If you use Hive Keychain like me click on CONFIRM as indicated by the arrow in the next image
4. If you have enough Resource Credits you will get your token to create a Hive account.
5. Now you have to follow the steps indicated by the arrows in the following picture:
- 5.1 click on the button** indicated by the arrow number 1.
- 5.2 enter the account name you want to create (arrow number 2)
- 5.3 Choose or generate a password (this is the Master Password)
- 5.4 Click on Download Keys to save the passwords on your computer in a file with txt extension (arrow number 4)
- 5.5 Click on Register as indicated by arrow number 5.
6. Click on CONFIRM inside the Hive Keychain window.
Also in this case the operation has been completed!
The procedure performed by Leofinance is just as easy as the procedure performed by PeakD.
If you don't have a sufficient amount of Resource Credits you can't use this feature and to create a curation account you can buy an account choosing one of the options at: https://signup.hive.io/.
You can see from the next two side-by-side images the amount of RC that I used to create a single account (image source: https://hiveblocks.com/).
The image on the left shows the amount of RC before the creation of the @libertymusic27 account while the image on the right shows the amount of RC after the creation of my alt accaunt.
The usefulness of a curation account
In this short tutorial of mine, I created two accounts:
Why did I create the account @libertymusic27?
Recently on Hive was born a new community called Music For Life
The Music For Life community token is called VIBES (Issuer: @al-fund).
I like music and I like to play Rising Star and also I see a lot of potential in this community project and the VIBES token.
Thanks to my new account @libertymusic27 I will be able to curate the posts published within the Music For Life community and I will also be able to maximize the accumulation of VIBES tokens that I will put all into this account.
Why did I create the @libertyctp27 account?
Another project where I see a lot of potential is the community project The CTP Swarm
I often use the ctp tag in my posts and any CTP I get I put in stakes.
Thanks to my new account @libertyctp27 I'll be able to curate posts published within The CTP Swarm community and I'll also be able to optimize the accumulation of CTP tokens that I'll have all converge into this account.
I hope you find this tutorial useful and thank you for your time.
You're not a Hive user?
If you don't have a Hive account, you can easily create one for free in just a few steps.
I wrote a short tutorial where I show you how to do it: HIVE: Registration and First Login with PeakD
With each passing day I'm getting happier and happier to have registered on Hive.
Instead of wasting my time using a centralized blogging platform like Facebook I chose freedom, I chose full ownership of my data, I chose decentralization, I chose Hive!
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta